Wednesday 12 March 2014

going balm'y

I was quite impressed with my pun today - It took a sleepy warm tube ride (one of the ones where you fall asleep and fall off the curb - you know the one!), that combined with a rummage through my bag looking for my new favourite lip balm to realise I have too many lips balms/glosses/ointments/scrubs/sticks in my Mandy (Mandy is from Mango, she is my handbag, and I love her). Seeing as I've shown you all my lipsticks here in my red lippy post I thought I would stick to all the other lip products Mandy has been hoarding for me.


So these aren't in any real kind of order but the Pocket Balm by Bakewell & Vaseline with Cocoa Butter I alternate because I love them both so much. I would recommend all of them -that's why they all made the cut into Mandy's infinite depths. 


When I need it a love a good exfoliation, I never thought of doing this to my lips until my best friend turned up to my hole in Uni and showed me this product. It is basically sugar in a pot to be honest and I do eat it (even though I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to) but it's so nice! - It's actual purpose is to exfoliate the lips and prep them to be balmed and lipsticked. And it really does work, even if it is just a jar of sugar goodness.


This balm isn't just for lips, I've used it on my cuticles to soften and keep them in shape and my elbows when they got oddly dry the other week. It smells lush though I suspect there is hemp in the ingredients (they aren't stated on the tin!). It's very strong in smell and in action, it works absolute wonders. I swear by my Vaseline normally but I started with this product last month when it came in my Love Me Beauty box - I will be sure to invest in it in the future as I recommend you do too!

The obvious runner up is my Vaseline Lip Therapy with Cocoa Butter
Need I go into detail with this product? It speaks for itself in reputation, the cocoa butter smell is my favourite. I have all sorts of cocoa butter products (inspiration for a post) because it's really good for dry skin and soothes my itchy arms and legs (post shaving!) so I knew I would love this version of the magical Vaseline tin of miracle balm. All I need say is, try it - it lives up to reputation.

The hydrator or also known as Nivea Hydro Care Lip Balm

This one is normally found under my pillow, especially when I have a cold as that's when my lips get driest. It does what it says on the tin - hydrates your lips to the maximum, definitley a must if you tend to get dry lips/bite your lips (I have a really bad habit of this, hence the amount of lip balms I own)

Love this one for the taste... DuWop Iced Tea Treatment in Strawberry Kiwi

This is one of the products I have had for 5 years, I remember how much I love the fragrance (and taste), use it for a week and then lose it again until I move house/flat! I have no idea where I got it from but it always finds its way back into my life, and I am glad because it is lush - the smell keeps me coming back for more. All I remember about getting this lip treatment is having really bad lips and being sat rubbing it on my chops for a good hour before realising it wasn't really helping.. This means I wouldn't call a treatment, I use it as a gloss because it gives a lovely sheen.

The last two products are what I use for a bit of colour when I'm not quite in the mood for the bright red look I love to go for!

When I'm all pretty in pink and girly it's got to be Lanolips Lip Ointment with Colour in Rose 

This product is from a long line of lip ointments and lanolin products. Lanolin is a miracle working thing that makes you all soft and healed (at least thats my version of it). This ointment has a lovely pinky colour that I love to use when I'm not going for my usual lipstick choices. And it has SPF 15 which is always a plus to this pale skinned red head.

Another one that I couldn't pinpoint it's entry into my collection - Pretty:Smile Pearl Shine Lip Gloss

Pretty sure this one came from my mum when she decided the roller didn't work for her - but it works for me fine, and I love a roller (I haven't the foggiest why). But this product, more importantly, glosses a lovely lovely sheen onto your lips, it's really light (makes it perfect for summer) and has Q10 in it (which is apparently good for cell growth - so another goodie for those biters out there).

BIG post for you all today, but I hope you enjoyed it because I do own this many lip glosses and have been this way for as long as I can remember - and I KNOW I'm not the only one ;)

Try as many of these as you can because they are all favourites of mine, determined after years of research and lip application! - And believe it or not this is not ALL of the lip products I own, it's just the ones in my handbag!

PS - don't forget to click the names as they are links to see/buy the products!

@pawsandclaws101 - Always Instagramming
@pawsnclaws101 - And Tweeting


No comments:

Post a Comment