Wednesday 8 October 2014

the invisi-brow


 Now I am sure I have reviewed brow kits on curiosity before now but I cannot for the life of me find a link. For those of you who are wondering there is a definition below that will help you understand this post...

Invisi-brow (n) definition: an eyebrow that is deemed invisible to the naked human eye. E.g. 'Look at that ginger girl, she has no eyebrows!' also known as: when the hair of an eyebrow is extremely blonde naturally

Not many can say that they have invisible eyebrows, I am unfortunately one of the rare few that can. I won't go into the whole back story but I have learnt in the past few years as a teenager, a beauty pr intern and a girl who loves make up that eyebrows are essential. I started using eyeshadow as an experiment to fill in my brows, getting darker as I got braver. When I realised there were fabulous brow kits available I jumped at the chance and got a GOSH brow kit for myself. It has 3 shadows and a gel - it's brilliant. I then advanced to a stunning Shavata brow kit with creme shadows that I still have in my make up bag. Next I think I will try the Sleek brow kit but until then I have discovered an easier solution.

I have recently been encouraged to try tinting. I thought it would be a perfect idea for my trip to Thailand to get both my brows and lashes done, so I treated myself and went to Shavata in Harvey Nichols. If you have me on instagram you will have see the results there, they were amazing and I swore never to go untinted again.


Since I daren't try anywhere cheap and tacky in the borough of Rochdale.. I was very excited to see a brow and nail bar had opened in Primark Manchester called Love Beauty by Monica Mohindra! I ran straight down there and got my brows tinted, as they desperately needed it, for an amazing £5. It's situated on the 1st floor in the back corner, nice and cosy and the ladies in there are lovely and very well trained. I am very happy with my brows.. next it's nails and lashes!


How would you or do you solve your sorry brow problems?

No comments:

Post a Comment