Thursday 4 December 2014

nail art: winter sparkle

Adding a lil bit o' winter sparkle to my life and yours. It's finally December so I will be giving in to the Christmas cheer I do love so much, when it's not October.


P.S. Sorry it's been a while.. I'm a very busy final year student who has taken to living in the library!!

Hope you enjoy the video below...


I love this look for two reasons - it's simple and it's sparkly.
I used:
- GOSH Matte Silver Polish
- Barry M White Polish
- Tape (from eBay any colour should do)
- Sponges from Primark
- Brushes (from eBay of course)
- Avon Quick Dry Spray (My secret to happy nail-hood)

Steps:
- Apply tape
- Apply two coats of white polish
- Sponge on your sparkle
- Allow to dry
- Remove tape
- Clean line and around nail
- Top coat and spritz!

Taping tips:
- Be careful when applying a thick layer of anything on top of tape .. make sure it dries completely before removing the tape
- Pre-cut your tape for each nail.. of course
- Clean your negative space with a thin brush dipped in polish remover
- A top coat will even out the bumps and edges, don't worry!

Gradient tips:
- I do gradient a lot but not with glitter because it's hard to clean... Use plenty of polish remover, cotton buds and brushes and keep at it!
- Any remaining glitter will come over over night/with time, don't worry about the odd speckle
- Use a make-up sponge to apply.. of course

Please please do take a quick second to check out my other videos on YouTube (click here!) and subscribe away my dears!

No comments:

Post a Comment