Wednesday 18 February 2015

My Julie/Julia Inspiration

Last night I accidentally fell upon the beautiful film Julie & Julia. If you haven't watched it.. Do. I don't really want to reiterate the story, so watch it instead. It really broke down blogging to me into a more meaningful thing. When I tell people I blog about beauty and nails they often question why I do it and the answer has always honestly been 'I don't know'. But it was actually because I was jobless and needed something to take my mind off my impending doom that was .. moving away from London and finishing my wonderful year at home with my parents, freedomless, penniless and missing the city I fell in love with. As soppy as all this sounds reading it back, I'm not going to delete it. Really it was just about doing something fun.

In the film the main charater Julie challenges herself, and I love challenges, another reason I took on this blog. I didn't do it to become the famous Zoella or Essie Button or Tanya Burr, hell no. But just to see if what I had to say was worth a damn.

I still don't think it is but it is really nice to vent every now and again about things I love.

And the fact is i love more than beauty products and nail art, I mean I'm not completely 1 dimensional.

So I am going to transform this blog, into something more 'lifestyle'. I study fashion so I'll talk about that, I live at home in a rut of student life with my parents, I am an auntie to two beautiful nieces, I love to bake (Mary Berry being my one and only) and I am above all a girl who just likes .. things. 

The next challenge I want to set myself is the Mary Berry Challenge. I got her Baking Bible for Christmas you see and I want to bake from it ALL the time. Only having attempted a few recipes so far I would like to challenge myself to work my way through her book.

I have no intended deadline so far but I would really love to do one recipe a fortnight (I mean I have a life... and am penniless, ingredients cost money you know!)

Watch this space for the first recipe... And more challenges to come! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment