Thursday 16 January 2014

The art of dotting.


When I first discovered my love of nail art, I was obsessed with the amazing Ebay buys you can get to improve your tool set. I discovered brushes, foils, 3D Fimo sticks and my favourite, dotting tools.

A great example here.

At 99p I couldn't say no, and I am so glad I didn't. I use them all the time as dotting is an easy way to jazz up a design and give it a more intricate look. Here are some designs I have done in the past few years with my favourite nail art tool.

The floral look - done completely by using tools to create a simple design.


The rainbow - using the colours of the rainbow to create a dotting illusion effect


The retro wallpaper - simple striping and dotting to give you an instant sixties look


The gradient - going from one colour to another with a spotty effect.


The tutti - frutti effect - simple marbling technique (a quick how to in yesterdays post) with added dotting.


I hope you like my designs and are inspired to try them yourself. And if you aren't sure how I did them.. just ask and I will post a quick and easy how to.

Check out more designs on my instagram:
http://instagram.com/abigaiilll1

No comments:

Post a Comment