Tuesday 18 February 2014

my percy & reed needs .. amongst other hair essentials

So, I made a courageous decision a couple of weeks ago to invest in receiving a beauty box every month.. After feeling particularly pooped about being so skint I thought 'Why the hell not?' and it worked out to be pretty worth it. I got some really nice bits and pieces that I will blog about once I've had the chance to use and abuse them all. I have to say, I am most excited to try the Beautify Me supplements as my skin has been really bad lately, you can look out for that in a month when my current pack has run out!


One product I used straight away and instantaneously loved was the Percy & Reed Dry Conditioner. My hair as I have said before gets itself into bad condition fairly quickly despite the fact I hardly ever blow dry it or straighten it - so I was pretty eager to see what it was like seeing as the piles of oil I've been putting on my hair is starting to give me an uncomfortable oily feeling on my face. I LOVE IT. It just makes my hair super soft - just like the Keratin did the other day - but with no need to start from the beginning. It's brill if you have - like me- spent the day trekking around Manchester in the wind and rain, hunting something down for your niece after 3 hours on tubes and trains from London, right before you run out of time to get ready for a night out with the girls! (and breathe) - it's a really good quick fix (and I don't particularly like that phrase however this time it's true!)


I have also found out how amazing the one minute transformation is by Color Wow after kindly getting a little sample from a feelunique event for LFW this week. It was pretty magical when I slapped it onto my 'fro to see just how good it was - but don't apply too much! (my major product tip when it comes to hair, avoid over usage or you will end up washing your hair daily and that isn't good for the natural oils that make your hair grow).


These aren't the only amazing instantly transforming - from work to night out - products I use. I obviously am a massive fan of Batiste Dry Shampoo (pairs well with the dry conditioner I think) and am head over heels for the new oriental scent as it is right up my alley (and prepping me for my trip to Thailand/Vietnam).



Then, once all creams and spritz's and sprays have been applied, you can quickly comb through with the amazing Tangle Teezer (which I have always avoided due to the fact I NEVER brush my hair but I am happy to say it is well worth the wait) and voila, instant hair in an instant for a night out, instantly. 


Good luck ladies xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment