Saturday 8 February 2014

#nailvengersassemble

Been having a real nosey around some amazing nail blogs over the past few days and stumbled across the Nailvengers - The Nailasaurus, One Nail to Rule Them All, Lucy’s Stash, xAmeliax and Brit Nails. As the Nailvengers Assemble each month they come up with a new and exciting theme to inspire themselves, and subsequently they have inspired me! With January's theme New Year, New Technique and I know I am 8 days late!! -OOPS - but I really wanted to try something new. 
I love trying new techniques, practicing them and gettting unhealthily addicted. 
One I've wanted to try for a while is the newspaper transfer - I have always just gone 'Oh next week I'll do it' and never got round to trying it. So today was the day and I am so glad I had fun! 


I scoured my February Vogue and The Catwalk Edit and used designs from the likes of Emilio Pucci, Dolce & Gabanna, Alexander Wang, Louis Vuitton and Oscar De La Renta, I even use a cutting of a Dior Ballgown from 1949 featured in the Earthly Delights article by Nicola Shulman.


I used my favourite Maybelline Color Show white polish and Sally Hansen top coat as usual :)
Once I had applied the white base coat of polish I left it dry almost completely, then I laid down the torn out piece of paper, ink face down, on the nail. 
Next, I used this German extra strong liquer (I have no idea what it is but I took a pic for you all anyway - if anyone knows what it is let me know, as my friend bought it back from Germany for me last year and its DEADLY!) 
.. anyway, then I rubbed the alcohol on top of the paper with a cotton bud until I could see the design that was underneath through the paper. 
After I held the paper down for a few seconds, I slowly peeled it back, making sure not to take the design and the polish with it (which did happen a few times!) 10 nail and 16 attempts later.. VOILA :)





 This is my favourite nail! - It's the Parental Advisory sign on the alexander Wang jumper..





Hope you like and if you try it remember #nailvengerssassemble and #newyearnewtechnique 

Ciao bella ;) xxxx

@pawsandclaws101 Instagram
@pawsnclaws101 Twitter




1 comment: