Tuesday 4 March 2014

gelly on a plate

Finally decided to give this gel effect varnish craze a go as the idea seemed interesting. And even though I've never had the real thing .. My friends and mum get them regularly and recommend them for their long lasting quality and no chip policy. However appealing this sounded I was never keen to invest due to fact I have a tendency to change my nails 2-3 times a week (I've even had those rare quiet weeks where I've had time to redo them every day)...

So, this alternate polish sounded really quite perfect. I picked the Mayfair Lane shade by Nails Inc and gave it a glitter tip and even added, on researching, a non chip coat of my all time love, Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Top Coat.


The result?
I loved the result, I was expecting a really thick consistency but it went on and felt like a regular polish. Once it had dried it just looked and felt the same as a good polish... no different really.
The chipperness?
I don't really have a job that means I am prone to chipping my nail varnish however I always manage to somehow. So, I was bound to chip them .. and so I did today.. I applied the nail varnish 3 days ago and honestly this is 2 days over my average wait to chip a nail. So I was impressed with the wait.. I think on anyone else it would have been a week!

The aftermath?
The only thing I am not very impressed with this polish is that my nails now feel really brittle and they were just starting to feel strong.. especially the tips where I've been chipping away the nail polish on the tube ride home, which means I have broken two of my nails ahhh!

I think despite the aftermath, if I treat my nails with something, the polish is successful in it's mission and I do think I'll invest in some more gel effect polishes. Will you?

No comments:

Post a Comment