Monday 23 June 2014

#beWOWd with Ken Paves & Color Wow

Wow. 
Known as the reaction any sane person has to the Color Wow Root Cover Up amongst Color Wow's other wow-worthy products. I got to go to a wonderful event this week to see the lovely Ken Paves, stylist to the stars (such as good friend of his Eva Longoria) and learn more about their gorgeous products. I have reviewed Color Wow products previously, the two from their recently new stylers range - the Speed Dry and Raise the Root (both brilliant products I can't find any fault with) - and one of their star products One Minute Transformation.


The lovely creative director of Color Wow, Kevin Moss, demoed a few of the products for us, the two that got the biggest reaction from us all, were the Root Cover Up and the One Minute Transformation.


The Root Cover Up, an incredibly innovative product, worked wonders on the models grey roots, and filled in some blonde highlights. The colours include Platinum, Blonde, 3 shades of Brown and Black. Unfortunately none for us gingers/redheads. BUT you could add in some blonde highlights/brown lowlights if you don't have roots so there is a root cover up for almost everyone really. (Apologies for the glare in the photo, I hope you can see the effect!)


The One Minute Transformation is another miracle working product, taking frizzy hair and giving it a sleek salon blow dried look in seconds. I've been using this product recently after a hard day in the sun; I have sunscreen on my scalp and no time to wash, humidity has gotten to my locks and made it incredibly dull - in comes the One Minute Transformation. (I unfortunately don't have a picture of this!)

Especially for the event I gave myself a Color Wow mani - using my friends gorgeous Barry M Gelly Hi Shine Nail Paint in Coconut and my black nail art pen. They went down a storm with the ladies from Color Wow.


I started reading one of the lovely gifts I received in my goodie bag on the tube ride home, Ken Paves You Are Beautiful with an extremely sweet foreword by Eva Longoria (who I love!). I got through a couple of pages and it is a lovely, inspiring book so far! I can't wait to carry on reading his book, with a brew and a biscuit, feeling beautiful!


I will also take away from the night the desire to watch Blue Jasmine - due to a hilarious scene Ken showed us and referred to for the rest of the evening!

I can't wait to try my new Color Wow products, so should you! xx

PS apologies for the lack of images but the glare from the mirror means my shots of the demos aren't very good at all!


No comments:

Post a Comment