Sunday 1 June 2014

the nail art update: twisted manicure and matt glitter

Another weekly nail art update coming your way boys and girls! This week I have two cool and easy designs and a quick tutorial for a twist on the classic French Mani.

Firstly this is the design i did for my night out in Camden with my best friends from back home! I used my new GOSH matt polish, a lovely powder blue called Frosted Soft Blue that i LOVE!
I used a sponge to sponge on some pale blue polish and my glitter polish on top of a deep green to create a soft sponged effect. 





The next mani i did this week is my funky twist on the classic French manicure. Instead of classic white tips I chose to do a few layers of pink and purple shades. To do this i uses the below brush, long and thin in slow steady strokes to get a neat line.




Apply one colour at a time, two coating if the polish is needs it to create a solid colour. This layer is in Cheeky Purpl-exed.




Next layer is Models Own in Pukka Purple.


This next layer is Models Own in Dinky Pinky...


Another layer of Cheeky Purpl-exed..




When I first did this design I coated it with my pink tinted Cheeky matt polish and used two layers only...



Then when I did the tutorial to show you all, I used four colours as you can see above and ended up with the below.. 




No comments:

Post a Comment