Friday 30 May 2014

give your roots a boost

as a sworn hair volume lover I naturally have had my fair share of volumising products from Elnett hairspray to the essential hair comb over to my Schwarzkopf OSIS hair powder. I am an experimenter by nature, I am not always loyal to beauty products and thats why I rinse through so many and ended up writing a blog about my product experiences! Currently, and not in the least bit surprisingly I own 5 root lifting and texturising products.. so I am here today to review them for you and let you know if they are good as they say they are...

Spray this on your hair before you blow dry - concentrating on roots. The results are what you expect, volume but not too much oomph. This product isn't too sticky, is easy and light to use, and smells like the hairdressers (which I love). I really have nothing bad to say about this product, good results, lovely product. This is the more expensive option, but given how long it lasts and that you only need a few spritzes to get great results I would say it is worth the investment.


This product is used in the same way as the Color Wow product - spray directly on roots and blow dry upwards.  The advantage with this one is that it has a special pointed nozzle to make it easier to concentrate on spraying your roots. The texture of it is quite sticky compared to the lighter Color Wow one, however it gives more lift. - again this product smells great so when I blow dry my hair it smells & looks just like the hairdresser did it!


I've reviewed this product in my April Favourites, so it is obviously up there with the best of the best. the cream of the crop. I love this product, because it gives you an instant lift with dry hair - so there is no need for the effort and sweat of blow dry. I reallllyyy recommend it for girls with thin/flat hair. No backcombing necessary just powder beneath your top layer - scrunch and bumpf - and done. It's also in a handy tiny bottle so you can take it in your handbag on a night out too!


This spray has a dry powdery texture so it acts like the VO5 dusting powder and can be used in the same way, but you can also lightly mist it over your hair if it is feeling flat and silky to give it some juice and life! It's not as compact and full on as the VO5 so if you only need a light lift I'd go for this product instead of the more intense VO5 powder.


This texture spray isn't really for just concentrating on lifting your roots, it is for those of use with naturally thick hair who just want to be able to style and lift our hair out of its 'just blown dry flat and too silky' coma. Honestly, it is perfect for that and I will definitely be buying this product again.


What are your favourite root lifting and texturising products?





2 comments:

  1. the colour wow product sounds great i really want to try it! id love it if youd comment back http://amyelizabethfashion.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/southbeachsummer-event.html xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy! Aw it is really good, you should definitely give it a try :) x

      Delete