Saturday 24 May 2014

the nail art update

So, as it is quite long and complicated to do tutorials for all the nail art I do they don't all get post on here as I think just posting them without any deets is a tad boring.. But then if you don't follow me on Instagram you won't get to see all my nail art. Hence the nail art update comes into play. Once a week I am going to post a nail art update with my latest nail art, the inspiration for it, and maybe a little bit about the technique/tools and polishes I used. How's that sound? Sounds good to me.

Nail art challenge May by @califonrnails on IG - Aztec

I have done aztec style nails before, they took a very long time while I was cooped up in hospital and so turned out terrible haha, so I was going to just go with this design again but with funkier summer colours. Then I decided - something different is always more fun. So I googled 'aztec design' and looked at all the different designs and where aztec pattern actually comes from to create these -


They took me an hour and half for this hand alone! - I took my time as it is a very complicated design with a  lot of colours and a few mistakes may have been made. I used my nail art long thin brush for all the art work except the black, where I used my nail art pen - with needle. The rule with this design is to neaten with black. So apply all your colours and if they aren't perfect, don't worry - apply your black with a  precise needle/pen like this one to neaten up your design! and remember a nice top coat smoothes out everything. I used a LOT of polishes for this design so I'm not going to list each one.. (sorry!)

WAH nails inspired Spiderman Design for Shauna the Spiderman fan

My little Irish friend Shauna is the biggest fan of Spiderman I've ever come across. And when our friend Ella came across Spiderman nail art by the WAH girls of Topshop, it had to be done. Et voila - 


Using my black nail art pen again and GOSH nail polish in Lambada. All this design takes is a steady hand and half an hour :)

My new dotting design

Always wanting to do something new, after the epic, my new all time favourite, aztec nails I knew I had to do something new, but didn't have the time to match the aztec. So I went with this new simple dotting design - 


I used a small dotting tool to do the dots, easy peasy, one colour at a time. The base coat is NYC In A NYC Minute 325 Raindrop Quick Dry Nail Polish and the dots are in Models Own Dinky Pinky & Pukka Purple, GOSH Peachy & Balloon & Lambada.

Then my little friend Chloe insisted I do the same for her - 


So there we have it - the first ever nail art update.
Hope you enjoy! And are inspired to try some yourself, because they aren't as hard as you think!

6 comments:

  1. I love your aztec nail art, it's super pretty!

    Céline
    www.fashionably-late.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. youre so good at this!! im always so messy and far too impatient. id love it if youd comment back http://amyelizabethfashion.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/white-on-white.html xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Its time consuming and takes so much patience but I find it so therapeutic haha xx

      Delete
  3. I love the aztec design! The dots are really cute too :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Beth! Dead glad you like them :) xx

    ReplyDelete