Monday 19 May 2014

oiling up for summer

do not be fooled by my witty title - I am not here to talk about sun oil's, or applying vegetable oil on the beach, no no, I am white as the snow and unfortunately I am destined to stay that way. So these oils are the ones you may enjoy, like I do, and feel necessary in the run up to summer. Getting you all prepped and ready to show your hair, skin and nails :)


as you can see my new found brand is Aromatherapy Associates. Lush made to measure oils for every occasion seem to be my new love. It started in all honesty with the De-Stress Body Wash (not featured in this post as it is one of Aromatherapy's non-oily products!) that grew on me quicker than I expected, and their miracle in a bottle - Intensive Skin Treatment Oil. This oil is made to rejuvenate and repair the skin, perfect for scars/mishaps in the skin that you are unhappy with. I apply a few drops to my stretch-marks and operation scars and on my tattoo post-shower twice a week and I've seen results already. Needless to say I am in love, it also smells absolutely divine and is all natural and non-chemically aromatherapeutic goodness. And guess what is in it? - the one and only vitamin E, who'da thought?! (me hehe)



My next find in the Aromatherapy Associates collection of oils is the bath & shower oils. Pick which you think you need and soak yourself in a pool of wonderful aroma's and perfect harmony - or something like that. I have a few sample pots I got free when I treated my mother to their De-Stress Mind Bath & Shower Oil (which is her new found love) and I've also got the Essential Bath & Shower Oil set of mini bottles that I'm actually yet to crack open! - This is purely because I am so in love with the De-Stress Wash and am scared to layer my aroma's in case I overwhelm myself. I never would have thought I would like scents like these, I am a strawberry fluffy fruity pinky wonderful creamy kinda girl. Always going for your coconuts, vanilla's and berry bursts. But I may be becoming a woman and venturing into brave aromatherapy scents with these new shower oils. (I only use the shower so I rub on my arms and chest and tummy so the steam smells lovely and my skin feels just as). I have used the Support Lavender & Peppermint and Support Breathe oils so far, Breathe being my favourite - it is so decongesting and fresh! I am venturing into the Revive Morning tomorrow, hoping it will stop me feeling like death on my journey to work and think after my busy week at work I'll be needing the De-Stress Mind OR Deep Relax. I'm so excited! (And will be reviewing each one in a Bath & Shower Oil post once I've used them all).


The last Aromatherapy Associates product on my slippery list of oils is the Nourishing Face Oil. Not something I would usually go for to be honest, and the smell isn't something I would like but given that I am a new woman and all - I am really liking this product. I have combined skin, I get a really oily nose and this oil seems to help balance that out - nourishing and hydrating my dry skin patches and neutralising my oily patches. I have to say the strong smell of this product does frighten me when putting it on my face but I brave it because it works and it ain't as bad as you think it's gunna be, it's actually quite nice. 
Aromatherapy Associates is a rather expensive brand - but trust me. It is worth it if you want to splash out, whether on yourself or on a friend/family member. they will appreciate it and so will you.


Steering away from aromatherapy and into hairtherapy - Again I wouldn't normally think to get oil for my hair, afraid of how greasy it might get, but this is lovely and if you are worried about greasiness too - don't be! no matter how prone to grease your hair is. This One Gets You Silky Smooth Light Hair Oil, really does get you silky smooth, Just put it on the ends to avoid greasiness and get rid of the horrible dry look of split ends and grown out hair (my problem - I am growing my hair so reluctant to cut it! ipso facto .. dry, split ends!) and voila, shiny luscious smooth hair :) without having to soak it in conditioner or a hair treatment. Easy peasy.


Here we go - nails - Avon Nail Experts Strong Results. I rub this on my nails before my base coat when my nails are feeling particularly battered and bruised from all the polish I use. It's really light and not greasy, but isn't really like a polish at all so I class it as an oil. If you polish your nails as much as me I suggest you use this as well as a strengthening base coat.


I know Aromatherapy Associates took up a lot of room there - but they inspired the post AND deserve the credit as the products are just that good.

Which oils do you use?

PS any spelling mistakes I apologise for - I am tres tres tired. And remember all the names of the products link to where you can get them! - and follow me on twitter and instagram :D @curiousitybty



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post! I am definitely going to try out the Nourishing Face Oil!

    Lets keep and touch and follow each other on bloglovin! I always follow back!

    Love from Canada,
    Marie from www.ellecharie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like - You so should it's fab!

    I've followed you! Can't wait to read your blog, looks lovely. x

    ReplyDelete