Monday 12 May 2014

time saving in shower miracles

today I am reviewing two in shower moisturisers - one belonging to a well trusted brand and with one of the best smelling & softening ingredients ever and another own brand product with the skin healing & recovering ingredient i adore.




as soon as I saw the advert many months ago for Nivea's in shower moisturiser I was taken. I knew I had to give it a go - I always have to moisturise my skin and I often don't out of laziness. If I shower before a night out I always do my legs and forget about my arms, that do itch a lot. If I shower in the morning before work I just don't have time to do my whole beauty regime so I cut it way down to your basic shampoo and conditioning. Annoyingly, these are my favourite times to shower - so when this product was in a 3 for 2 offer in Boots I jumped at the chance.



not only are the results brilliant - I only have to moisturise my face post shower now! - it contains cocoa butter, which I'm sure has more benefits than just smelling fantastic. Given that my family are fans of Palmers Cocoa Butter I basically swear by the stuff, (looking up technical jargon now...), just as I thought - it is thought to have benefits such as reducing stretch marks and treating sensitive skin kindly. Two things I cannot live without in my moisturiser. 
the only downsides to this product is when I put it on it seems to disappear so quickly I have to dollop a load more on to really get it all over my skin, it also feels rather greasy at first (obviously acting a lot like a conditioner, you are supposed to wash it away) but I'm not 100% keen on that feeling.


well well well.. who knew? Superdrug's vitamin E range has rave reviews as far as I can see, and if you read my blog on the regular you will know that I adore anything with vitamin E. Like I have said many times it is the best healing ingredient of all healing ingredients. Beating cocoa butter with a barge pole and laughing in it's face kinda good. I only know this fact and swear by it, because my lovely auntie is a masseuse, so when I was having issues with my hips and arse growing to three times the size, and as a result of such, having major stretchmarks, she suggested I get a product with vitamin E in it and massage it into my stretch marks every night. I did and they went from nasty purple to white so quickly (I still do anything to get rid of them as they are still visible and the worst things ever).



this product in particular does split when you start to apply it, but it smells clean and fresh and has many proven to be great benefits from its wonderful ingredients. 

I can't decide which I prefer between the two - I have been switching between them for weeks to decide and I can't for the life of me. All I can say is - buy one (whether the slightly cheaper option or the trusted branded one I dont care). But if you know what's good for you, you will try one. And there are more out there! I've spotted one by Olay somewhere before, I'm sure there are more.

Happy hunting :) & Remember the names of the products will link you to where you can buy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment