Monday 5 May 2014

april favourites

so april is well and truly over - it went so fast - and over the course of the month I gained many new favourite products. Ranging from make-up to exfoliators, I have it all in my little beauty hoarding corner.
But my favourites make it to my dressing table, where I keep the best of the best. And here it is my first monthly favourites post, I'm also going to give away some hints on upcoming posts I have planned for the month of May.


body

I Love... Strawberries & Cream Exfoliating Shower Cream
Smells like a bottle of heaven, I get quite bad spots sometimes on my back and chest and this exfoliator has really worked wonders in making them go down! It is also handy to have a body exfoliator for when you start to get the fake tan out. Keep your legs, arms and torso free from dry skin and dead skin cells so your tan is smooth and perfected - it is very important.

Hugo Boss, Boss Orange Eau de Toilette
My staple perfumes are Prada Candy or Ghost Sweetheart (cheaper option), I've stuck to these scents for a couple of years and on really special posh grown up occasions I use Vivienne Westwood Let it Rock. This perfume however has taken over as my day scent - it is a little different to the super sweet and fruity scents I normally go for at first, but the fragrance develops into a really light and sweet one. It is definitely a  new favourite.

Aromatherapy Associates Intensive Treatment Oil
A bottle of miracle oil that I don't want to ever run out of. I used to use Bio Oil for the stretchmarks and scars I have (from growing quickly on my hips to operation scars) but no difference was ever made and someone told me it is mineral oil, so doesn't actually do anything. This oil however is designed down the the last ingredient to treat scars. My stretchmarks are looking so much better these days and I am hoping will be practically gone by the time I go to Thailand!



hair

VO5 Volume Dusting Powder
I have previously bought the Schwarzkopf OSiS Dust it, Mattifying Powder form my hairdressers and I loved it in my college years where my volume was always ten times the size it probably should have been. These days volume is back and bouncing (I am going to review my favourite root raising products soon so look out for that) and this particular VO5 product has made the favourties list this month. Whenever I raid Juliette's cupboard (see more about her stash here) I hunt for this bottle of wondefullness and this month I invested. It's perfect for flat hair days and handbag size too.

KMS California Hair Play Playable Texture Spray
This product has become something I use every day. I have hair that goes frizzy and wavy with  a touch of static if I don't blow dry it and when I do blow dry it, it becomes flat and 'too straight' within half an hour. This spray ensures that whether I blow dry or not it works with me. I love it - I combine it with a lovely oil I'm going to post up to have a textured and smooth look (I'll show you what I mean later this week).


hands & nails

Nourish Skincare Anti-Ageing Argan & Kale Hand Cream
Never found myself looking for anti-ageing products but recently as I am officially out of my teens and into my adult years I find myself panicking about getting old and wrinkly. Given the benefits of this cream, especially with it's wonderful ingredient of Kale, (which I will expand on soon in an upcoming hand creams post - look out!) it is perfect for my mani regime and preventing me getting super old hands like my dear old mum. The scent also reminds me of climbing trees as a kid and biking around the woods - always helps with the anti-ageing process.

Sally Hensen Gel Cuticle Remover
You may have seen this product in the back of my nail posts or mentioned in them - but it is a new addition to my collection this month. I have a few oils and creams for my cuticles because they are terrible so I am always looking for new and wonderful ways to keep them prim and proper. This product is the best I've tried for removing cuticles during my mani process - it's definitely a keeper and so easy to use if you aren't a regular with cuticle removing.

Rimmel Matte Finish Top Coat
Having used GOSH's and George @ Asda's matte top coats in the past few months I have developed a love for them - it means there is no need for buying all your fave shades in a matte version, you can transform them with a quick coat of this polish. This one is my favourite because it isn't as thick as the others, but I would recommend GOSH's top coat too if you are looking to invest in a decent mattifying polish.


face

Aroma Actives Purifying Clay Mask
A down-priced collection by the wonderful makers of Aromatherapy Associates (a newly loved brand of mine you will see popping up here and there on curiousity), the Aroma Actives collection is full of treats. I particularly love this face mask, I've always been a fan of mud and clay on my face is appeals to my weak spots and works wonders on my skin. I am going to test it against another couple of my favourtie clay and mud masks to see which is truly the best and see what benefits they have, but for now this is the best one I own.


B. Brilliant Rich Colour Lip Gloss in Morello
Having not been brave enough in the past to try purple lipstick (and being ever loyal to my millions of red shades) this lippy has been in my draw for a little while waiting to be cracked open. I braved it the other day and asked the lovely people of my Facebook & Instagram world how it looked. It is now my new favourite shade of lippy. This one is quite a dark plum shade and I am going in the deep end with it (I don't do things by halves). If you aren't brave enough to go dark like me then try a lighter softer shade. If you have red hair, go for it because purple and orange are on opposite sides of the colour spectrum so they match perfectly :) 



there you have it, what are your new favourites this month? 


No comments:

Post a Comment