Saturday 26 July 2014

French Connection A/W Launch Party

There is no jazzy pun title on this post because you all need to know exactly what I am talking about straight away! I am not a fashion blogger but I am a fashion marketing student and so I do have a huge interest in fashion, like most girls but slightly elevated. I follow fashion weeks and with my PR/Marketing brain break down every campaign in the industry - and I enjoy it. This week I was invited by a friend, rather last minute, to a wonderful event for the launch of the French Connection Autumn/Winter range and campaign.


My initial thought was - 'Oh no! Look at what I'm wearing!'. I have spent the entire day walking and tubing around London doing POS checks for work in my Rebook classics with an old pair of frilly Topshop socks and a vintage dress I was sweating through that probably cost me all of a fiver. I was sticky and not too excited at this point. So I popped to Primark bought myself some ballet pumps, confined myself to the Westfield White City loos to backcombed my flat hair, slick on the mascara, concealer, eyeshadow and lippie to make myself look more like a girl without a care than a girl without a towel at the gym - I was ready to go.

The event itself was really exciting - I walked in to the Oxford Street store to be embarrassed by friend at the door (I won't elaborate as to why so she doesn't kill me in my sleep for exposing her) and once we sorted her out we waltzed in like we thought we were the belles of the ball. Up the stairs and past the photographer and branded backing board we entered the mini makeshift hallway into an open room full of beautiful models. Everywhere I looked were chiseled cheekbones, perfect eyeliner, blow-dried hair - on trend men and women that looked like they had just stepped out the pages of Vogue... Need I say I felt my height was my only advantage in this room of beauties, it was fabulous.

Next thing I knew - I have a super strong vodka and juice in my hand and was gabbing away with my friends about which man was the most beautiful (shame the majority were certainly gay - not that we had much of a chance!). This is were it got interesting, a few vodkas later in came Nick Grimshaw to DJ, then I was told Azealia Banks had just been and gone, next I turned around to totally deny to myself that Jourdan Dunn (a personal favourite) walked through the door, to then be told 'No- it really is her Abi!', bumped into someone called Luke from the X Factor on my way back from the bar (not a huge follower, forgive me but all I remember is her never washed his hair) and so after all that excitement I spent the night staring at model who's skin looked like caramel and cheekbones could cut you. Perfect evening.

Aside from being star struck the campaign itself I loved! The theme 'Never Miss a Trick' and hashtag Abrafcukingdabra says it all. A magician doing tricks on camera, surrounded by magicians props, top hats filled with sweets and playing cards is all you need to know. As for the clothes, gorgeous, typically FCUK - simple, tailored clothes and  stunning shades of blue (I spotted a lovely wool oversized coat I would love to have hanging in my wardrobe) were what caught my eye. Through the blur of the vodka (thank you French Connection) it was a brilliant range and campaign and event overall. I had a ball.


No comments:

Post a Comment