Saturday 12 July 2014

rainbow lips for pale girls


Taking a break from my 500 products of summer today I am going to review some lipsticks. The first set from Makeup Revolution aa affordable brand that explores colours I couldn't have seen coming. The second GOSH lip lacquers I have been using a couple of for a while and I thought I would review the whole set. I wanted to concentrate on how these lipsticks suit my skin colour because sometimes I see pale girls wearing that just aren't the right shade for them.



I have been seeing Makeup Revolution all over the blogger community and so I looked them up online and saw their limited edition scandalous lipstick range was on offer for £5 for all 5 lippies, how could I saw no? Incredible colours with incredible names. From the stop:
Crime: A gorgeous deep purple/pink shade, that goes on perfectly and is such a lovely colour for girls with pale skin. Love it.
Vice: A bright tangerine shade, goes on quite nicely and is a current trend for this summer so perfect if you are after a catwalk look. It didn't drown me out as I expected, I probably wouldn't wear it too often. An occasion lipstick for me.
Depraved: Almost a violet colour, something I've not tried before as I normally wear a darker purple but I really loved this shade, it matched my orange hair! But unfortunately it didn't stick very well to my inner lower lip :(
Felony: Yellow lipstick. YELLOW! I didn't like this lipstick at all I'm afraid. It completely drowned me out and was really difficult to get an even colour!
Immoral: Or as I like to call it Ichiban! Lipstick for men! I LOVE this, but more as a gimmick lipstick than a serious one - it also was quite difficult to apply.
Overall, I like the lipsticks for their price (usually a £1 each). They don't last that long but are easy to apply and are rich in colour! I would definitely buy more.


I love the brand GOSH, I have a lot of their nail polishes mainly, so I tested their lip lacquers that were launched earlier this year. These charming little nail polish style pots of gloss are lovely and smell lovely. I only picked colours that suit my skin.
Hot Lips: This shade isn't to harsh a red, it's soft and gentle. A perfect red for during the day.
Dangerous Lips: I love this red, it's great for evening drinks. It stays, but doesn't stain your lips. And its a nicer colour than the picture shows!
Sweet Lips: I wasn't sure about this shade, I don't normally wear pale pinks in light of the face I am pale but I like this lipgloss. It is really soft, not thick or sticky.

Other lipsticks and colours I am liking at the minute are Clinique's Chubby Stick in Super Strawberry (a deep pink) , MUA's Lipstick in Shade 1 (a really dark deep red) and GOSH Velvet Touch Lipstick in Yours Forever (a dark deep pink - almost red).




No comments:

Post a Comment