Monday 17 November 2014

nail art: an easier way to marble

I have now (well my dad has now) invested in a tripod so I can film all my tutorials from now without the scary balance of my phone on a stack of books! SO without further a due I give to you my dry marbling tutorial!


This design is a super easy way of getting an interesting 'how did you do that?!' design. It works great as a feature nail and you can use just 2 colours or as many as you want!

I used:
  • Models Own Polish in Pukka Purple
  • Barry M Nail Paint in Matt White
  • GOSH Cosmetics Polish in Deep Purple
  • Maybelline Super Stay 7 Days Polish in Crystal Clear
  • 1 small dotting tool (smallest you can find - a needle or anything sharp & pointy can work)

Tips:
  • Use a fair bit of polish for your base colour
  • Act fast
  • EXPERIMENT with design
  • I use my nail to clean up any wonky lines or leaks in the polish (this can happen when applying a big dollop at once.. use a fine brush dipped in polish remover if you aren't a fan of the nail to nail clean up I use)
  • Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment