Saturday 15 November 2014

frosty make-up

I know i know.. it's been a week but I am working on something amazing for my next nail tutorial. So while you wait for that I am going to do you some winter make up looks over the next week. I have a few favourite looks from the catwalks for winter.. now that winter is really kicking in it's time to show them off. The first look I want to show is the white on highlight look that you can see here from the Givenchy catwalk..

Careful contouring and highlighting and lots of white eyeliner (and bleached eyebrows) make up this look. I have adapted it for a day look with a bit of glitter...

PS only reason I have wet hair is that it was my only opportunity to get in the bathroom (fullhouseprobs!) but it worked ..
I used both flash and no flash so I could capture the glitteryness I used, I still don't think either of these images give it justice - much more glitter in real life!
I hate taking lips pics but .. there it is! Again, much more glittery in real life :(

How did I do it? What did I use?
.. Well my base is the same as my everyday make up but with a little less dark contour and more highlight, here I used my Sleek Light Face Form Palette. I use GOSH mineral powder in 002, 17 Super Stay Concealer in Light (it is most important to use this/foundation on your eyes on this look so you have a clean even colour to work with .. that way the white will be more obvious). I have had my brows tinted but normally I use Shavata Brow Palette and my mascara is Max Factor Clump Defy. 
For my eyes I used a standard white shadow - I don't have a white eyeliner so I lined my low bottom line with the shadow and a bit of vaseline. Then I used B. by Superdrug Eye Shimmer in Moonshine to line the bottom over again, then I applied a line of this to my cut crease (Barbie style) and blended that in with the white eyeshadow. I then used a taupe shimmer from MUA to blended and highlight. 
For my lips I used the B. eye shimmer to get the glitter going and then topped that with Avon Clear Plump Pout lip gloss. 
I hope you like this look.. I'm off to a baby shower now! <3



No comments:

Post a Comment