Sunday 9 November 2014

nail art: losing my video virginity



For this post I have put in many hours filming and editing the below video, now I am not 100% impressed by the quality of my nails, I usually am much more of a perfectionist but given the resulting video I am quite happy. I more or less just wanted to demonstrate these two techniques and simplify them for you.




What I Used:

Barry M Nail Paint in White (a current favourite)
Barry M Gelly Hi Shine Nail Pain in Key Lime (a pretty new addition to my collection)
Maybelline Super Strong Gel Nail Colour in Crystal Clear
Pointed dotting tool
Make-up sponge
Sally Hansen Moisturising Nail Polish Remover
Cotton buds & pads
Masking tape
Glass of luke warm water
Avon Quick Dry Polish Spray


10 Essential Tips:
  1. Always start water marbling with a clean white base
  2. Always use tape to limit clean up
  3. Make sure the water is luke warm/room temperature so the polish can spread
  4. Shake the glass is the polish is struggling to spread
  5. Add each drop quick as you can
  6. Blow on the polish once you have dipped the nail in to make removing the excess easier
  7. Wait until the nail is dry before removing the tape and cleaning
  8. Do a few tester nails - practice makes perfect!
  9. When making the design in the polish - act fast, but not too fast (again practice!)
  10. If you can - use a brush to clean up your nail also as well as a cotton bud

No comments:

Post a Comment