Wednesday 17 December 2014

pre-christmas winter christmas new years party make-up

Doing what it says on the tin, this blog post is about winter make-up trends from the catwalk and mags as well as friends and celebs that are perfect for Christmas work does, family does and New Years parties. These are just a couple of ideas I loved the look of and have adapted as my new make-up styles for this years cold and flu season.

Have you been in a fight?
My favourite area to come up with make-up ideas for is for when you are going'out out' with your girls and with your cocktails and your best dress. Something I am going to be doing in a few weeks time.. I have decided on my dress so this make-up is made to match of course.


Deep purple eyeshadow - now this is an unbranded palette I got many a Christmas ago, but it works. I would recommend however - a palette I would buy if I had the pounds to spend - Vintage Romance or the stunning Arabian Nights I Divine palette by Sleek (both going on my xmas list). Bad Girl also has some stunning purple hues. When applying it is difficult to make it look like you haven't got a black eye... So to avoid the ruffian look I tried to keep neat lines and blended a lighter shade into a darker shade. Using liquid liner as my guide at the edge of the eye.


ombre ombre
I have been seeing ombre lips all over my instagram feed for a few weeks now and decided it was high time i give it a go. I tried a red and pink colour combo first but I think I was a little too daring using a dark shade of red for my first ombre! So I started again with purple and pink. These light hues are colours I don't normally wear but they felt very Christmas and cold and actually worked quite well despite my pale complexion.. I am now in love with ombre lips...

To get this look is actually quite easy (but easier said than done). I started by applying a line of Make Up Revolution Lipstick in Depraved around the outer line of my lip. I would recommend using a liner instead for your outside line or at least a brush to apply, as it will make the blend less messy. Then I applied GOSH Velevet Touch lipstick in Romance 156 to the inner part of my pout and smudged the two together with a brush. Blotted. Et Viola.


glitter underline
Another look I have seen a lot of on instagram actually this one.. I've seen it many times before of course but witht he glittering sequins we love to wear in winter and the approaching Christmas holidays everyone seems to just want more glitter! And I am not complaining. 

 
I used MUA Trio Eyeshadow in Innocence to shade in and blended my cut crease subtly. Blending light into dark (rule 1 in shadow application).
Then I use a very thin (wet) brush dipped in lots of 17 Eye Dazzle in Bronze to create a glittering underline. So so simple to do and so so pretty. 100% using this one come Christmas Eve!
Other products I used include: Avon Extra Lasting Eyeliner in Black, Shavata Brow Perfector, Max Factor Clump Defy Mascara in Black


No comments:

Post a Comment