Saturday 24 January 2015

'Avon it

Another one of my presents Santa left under the tree, an Avon Selection Box. This was a gift I spotted on Instgram and instantly sent the picture to my mum, subtle hint, and it worked. She emailled Santa and there it was.. 12 stunning nail enamels.


I didn't own many Avon polishes before I got this Selection Box (just my Opal glitter that I adore) but my mum has had them in the past. I am so happy with the quality of the polishes, I've only ever heard good things about these enamels so I wasn't surprised, just happy! The colours I got were quite varied, including another Opal polish (never can have too many), 2 Gel Finish polishes in a pale pink and red that again are really good quality polishes.

 My favourite is so hard to choose! I love the pale pink Gel Finish P805 Sheer Love because it is perfect to use as a base for my nail art, but I also love my classic Real Red Nail Enamel. It's so hard to choose a favourite.. I cannot do it.

One thing I would say against this selection box is that there are a few polishes I won't use, like perfectly flesh and romance and maybe coral reef. If Avon continue the selection boxes next year (which they should!) I would advise making them more tailored. For example, soft and sweet with pinks and light colours; glitter me happy with glitters and metallics; bright and bubbly with brights, neons and stand out polishes; mix and match with completely random polishes. That is what I would do!

Here are the swatch pics I took:
Coral Reef

Opal - Opalesce (on top of Real Red below)

Real Red

Decadance

Viva Pink

Perfectly Flesh

Pink Creme

Romance

Golden Vision

  Sea Breeze




No comments:

Post a Comment