Tuesday 21 January 2014

lace & frills tutorial

So.. I missed out on posting yesterday and I feel terrible! I was doing so well.. so to make up for it here is a tutorial...

Todays tutorial is my simple lace design...

This design is so easy to do.. all you need is below:

  • 3 colours of nail polish (preferably one colour for the base and two shades of one colour for the detail) 
  • a dotting tool/needle
  • base/top coat
  • a steady hand


For my 3 colours I chose GOSH polish in High school flirt, Max Factor Gloss Finity in lilac lace and B. polish in Mulberry.



Step 1: Apply generous coat of base colour. 
Step 2: Using the large dotting tool add a cloud of your second colour to the tip of the nail. 
Step 3: Using a very small dotting tool/needle dot two lines of small dots along the edge of the cloud in the third colour you have chosen. 



Step 4: Add medium dots of the base coat to the cloud at the tip of your nail to create a 'holey effect'
Step 5: Using a the small dotting too again, in the third colour, dot and drag to create teardrops at the edges of your design.
Step 6: Top coat and breathe ..







Tah dah!

Let me know if you have a go at it @pawsandclaws101
Check out my instagram for more designs and other fun bits and bobs :)

Abigail xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment