Wednesday 12 February 2014

valentines kiss

2 days to go until you will be giving your Valentine a great big kiss - best done with bright red lippy - whether it be your best friend, husband, boyfriend, grandaddy or dad (like me). Whether you want to be sexy or subtle, red lipstick on Valentines is the way to go.

So you can give them the perfect red lip print on the cheek or lips [ wink ] I have gone through my hoard of red lipsticks to see which is suitable for each Valentine possibility and which will leave the best print (I've done the leg work as far as wearing it goes, however, the kissing is your bit) - thats right it is totally up to you to pick a lippy and give your Valentine a massive kiss!

Day Date
Lush, It Started with a Kiss Lip Tint


This lip tint from Lush is so perfect for a day date - When you don't want to go for risky red because as they say 'A woman in red, is ready for bed'... You want a light lip print to keep a reminder in the air of what they are missing - subtle but still obvious.


Bright & Bubbly
B. by Superdrug, Pizzazz 155


Want to maintain your innocence? Don't wear red lipstick..
No but seriously, this lipstick is such a lovely bright and pretty shade of red that it gives off a vibe that is more 'cute' than 'come at me'. I tend to wear this one during in the day because the light reflects off it really nicely too.

Bring me a Rose
Collection 2000, Volume Sensation in Cherry Pop 8



In all honesty this is the lipstick that gets a guys respect.. Okay yes I am joking again. This one is still subtle and nice enough to be sweet, but it also has an edge to it that is sexy and fashionable - Best of both worlds, why wouldn't a guy give you a rose? (Probably because it isn't 1950)

Bite it
Maybelline, Colour Sensational Fatal Red 530


This one has a funny story behind it actually - I found it in my bag when I moved to London last June and have no idea where it came from. I keep tabs on my red lipsticks because I love them so much, so I know I didn't buy it - One of my friends is definitely down a lippy, oops. But it was worth it, it is a sexier shade and I imagine it as the kind you see on the model biting her lip on the advert - you know the one...

The Mistress or the Wife?
B. by Superdrug, Carmen 038 



You can be either in this shade I recon, the sexy mistress who steals the married man from his frigid wife in the middle of the night, or the demanding wife with an attitude problem and a rich man on her arm who gives her whatever she wants. I don't know which I would rather be!

Let's Talk About Sex Baby
Collection 2000, Volume Sensation in Ruby Red 3



Pure sex on a stick, I LOVE this lipstick. It is my favourite I have at the minute (I used to have an amazing Kate Moss shade that I always get mixed up with this one - but hey ho this one is probably cheaper). It's dark, broody, full of attitude and has a slight matted effect - which is gorgeous. If you are up for the seduction, pick this up.

All Nighter
Maybelline, Super Stay 24 Hour Colour in Red Passion


I wore this lipstick for my first big night out in Manchester city centre, when I found out I passed my A Levels and at 7 o'clock in the morning in the taxi with my best friend Chlo in her smeared lippy, it was still perfect - even after all the shots. It's tough to apply to be honest but worth the effort. If the walk of shame is something you like to do with your lipstick still in tact. This is the one you want. 

I also highly recommend this GOSH lip liner to neaten up the edges of your lipstick - I've never been that bothered about lip liner till I used this one to be honest - but it is really good. GOSH, Velvet Touch Lip Liner, Simple Red.

My next post is to celebrate the fact I am still a citygal after much stress and struggle - yay me!
Sex and the citygal nail art. See you tomorrow! MWAH xxx

@pawsandclaws101 - Instangram
@pawsnclaws101 - Twitter


PS I wasn't able to pop in pics of all the lippies on my gorge lips because my lips weren't agreeing with the constant cleaning and re-applying! - the pains of a beauty blogger.






No comments:

Post a Comment