Wednesday 2 April 2014

daisy matte mani tutorial

This post is to quickly show how you can do a twist on the classic French manicure with some cite white daisies.
Your toolkit needs to consist of..
Your favourite strengthening base coat - mine is Sally Hansen Diamond Strength polish
Your best white polish - mine is currently my Andrea Fullerton White polish
A pretty pink polish - I picked my Nails Inca Gel Effect in Mayfair Lane
The ideal polish for seeds - I used my Max Factor
A small brush
Smallest dotting tool or needle
Start by giving your self a lovely base coat to keep your nails strong (if you apply nail polish often or always keep your talons painted like me then you should apply a strengthen and protecting base coat before applying your next colour or design. Try Sally Hansen Diamond Strength, I've found my nails to be really brittle in the past but now that I use this base coat they are long and tough!).
Once your base coat is dry use your small brush (if you don't have nail brushes use a lipstick or eye shadow brush like the one below) to paint your white petals. Don't worry if you need to do two coats to get them perfect your top coat with smooth out any lumps and bumps.



Once your petals are just the way you want them and the polish is dry, you can start to add some texture. Do this by using your brush again to pat some pink polish over the white lightly. You can also do this with yellow or purple (the first time I did this mani I used yellow and it looked a little like eggs, don't worry if you don't like how they look at this stage the dots will make them perfect!) Then use the dotting tool to create the dots in the centre of your flower, big and small, whatever size or shape, it doesn't matter it all works when it comes to flowers!


Then once your daisies are totally dry you can apply a matte top coat to finish them off and keep them perfect. And you should get something like the below:



Good luck ladies xxxx

Remember my insta and twitter tag has changed to @curiousitybty! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment